Monday, March 4, 2013

nRF51–Finally en route


It’s finally on order! The nRF51422 DK / EK kit that uses the new ANT+ transceiver with Arm Cortex M0 all in one chip.

So that means that development is switching to a slightly more closed platform. Depending on how the evaluation of this part goes will determine the potential for a commercial unit.
Yes, that’s right, I’m in the planning process of evaluating the possibility of going commercial. Generally response to the blog has been good, and testing with the recent updates has been very positive. I’ll be posting more data soon. I also found a local company that rents Powertap G3 wheels. I’m planning on renting one in the next two weeks and showing the error between data similar to that of  dcrainmaker.com when he does his power meter reviews.
A commercial version will contain the nRF51422 for the ANT+ version and likely the nRF51822 or nRF51922 for BTLE compatibility if it’s warranted in the future. As of right now there still isn’t a BTLE power meter profile as far as I can find.

Update: BTLE power profile at version 0.9 which means adopters can get access. Still waiting on confirmation as I had to re-register.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, looking forward to it!

    Btw, there is a BLE profile today. Actually, spec was ratified (finally!) about 10 days ago). Previously it's been in perpetual beta. Let me know if you'd like some contacts there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome news, Thanks Ray!

      I'll be looking for the profile shortly. I don't think I had access to beta profiles as I was only a BT Adopter. If it's out then this is great news.

      Delete