Sorry it has been a little while since I’ve updated this. So everyone knows I’m very much committed to this project however I’m constantly running up against minor issues.
Recently I found out that I missed a 0.1 uF cap on the voltage reference causing it to drift and as a result there was a massive loss of resolution but it was hard to detect when you average 10000 samples. Also I’ve come to a realization that commercial units sample WAY WAY WAY less which is why they only claim 1 – 2 % accuracy. Strain gauges are good for way higher accuracy but it’s this combined with inaccuracy of rotational measurement and trying to keep consumption down that drives inaccuracy. So it’s a trade off, a real balancing act.
The latest issue I’m still debugging is that on V3 when I read the ADC’s the AP2 module is not consistent with transmitting. Essentially my serial output is turning to garbage. As a result it’s not transmitting consistently. I’m having a hard time debugging this and that is what I’m working on now.
I’ve gotten several emails over the last couple of weeks. I know right now that some of them have gotten lost in the inbox. I’m going to get to finding and replying. I apologize for this. Unfortunately my day job, exercise, and this project are all competing for attention.
Once this problem is sorted an updated schematic, gerber files and part list will be posted along with some basic code. It will by no means be the end of the project.
Back to debugging!
Also V4+ will have a new name, a more official name.